Concordia Pacific can help architects to progress development applications swiftly forward through the review process at local councils, so that clients can obtain approval for their projects and start construction as quickly as possible.
The support that we provide to architects in dealing with local councils in relation to planning law issues includes:
- Providing advice concerning the interpretation of local environmental plans, development control plans and other State and local government planning policies, and furnishing strategic suggestions for preparing architectural plans so that they have the best chance of securing prompt approval.
- Interacting with council officers, government departments with concurrence authority and local residents to identify the reasons why approval for a development proposal is being delayed or withheld, and providing solutions to enable the application to move toward a successful outcome.
- Appearing before Councilors and panels of council planning officers to explain the merits of development proposals and to advocate for the approval of development applications.
- Supplying well thought-out advice concerning the best approaches to use to seek review of a council’s failure to grant consent, including the merits of seeking a further consideration of a development application from council under section 82A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- Handling all phases of class 1 appeals against the refusal of development applications before the Land and Environment Court, including coordination of the preparation of amended plans and Statements of Evidence from hydraulic engineers, landscape architects, geotechnical experts and heritage consultants.
Concordia Pacific enthusiastically supports artistic, environmentally sustainable architecture. We will work in close partnership with you to obtain development approval for your designs, so that your clients’ projects can be brought to realisation and so that their goals, whether for a dream home or for a financially rewarding commercial development, can be achieved.
Concordia Pacific has a thorough understanding of the procedures that councils follow when they are assessing development applications, and we are skilled at liaising diplomatically with council planning officers. We can take on the responsibility of guiding your clients’ applications through the bureaucratic maze at council, so that you can focus your energy and efforts on doing creative design work.