Concordia Pacific has a wealth of experience in dealing with regulatory enforcement actions brought by local councils.
Concordia’s expertise in local government spans a wide range of issues. We can help you respond to enforcement actions involving claims by council that:
- Building activities been carried out without development consent or contrary to the terms of a consent.
- Property is being used for a business purpose without necessary development approval.
- Construction work has been undertaken outside approved hours.
- Wastewater from a construction site has been unlawfully discharged to a stormwater drain.
- Buildings or other structures on land are in unsafe or unhealthy condition.
- Buildings have not been provided with adequate fire safety measures.
- Heritage items or buildings in heritage conservation areas have been altered or demolished without consent.
- The operation of plant and equipment such as exhaust fans has resulted in a noise nuisance.
- Buildings do not comply with the standards of the Building Code of Australia.
- Trees protected under Tree Preservation Orders have been pruned or removed without prior approval.
- Advertising signs or banners have been displayed without approval.
- Food businesses have failed to comply with applicable Food Safety Standards.
Whether the issue you are facing involves a Notice of Intention to Give An Order, or an actual compliance Order made under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act or the Local Government Act, a Penalty Infringement Notice, a Local Court penalty proceeding that has been commenced through a Court Attendance Notice, or an application for an injunction (class 4 proceedings) or penalty (class 5 proceedings) brought in the Land and Environment Court, Concordia Pacific can provide you with sound, strategic and commercially savvy advice and legal representation.
Concordia Pacific’s expertise ranges across a wide range of regulatory legislation that is administered by councils, including the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, the Local Government Act, the Protection of the Environment Operations Act, the Food Act, and the Companion Animals Act.
No matter what the issue might be, Concordia Pacific will act energetically to protect your interests. We will thoroughly evaluate the council’s evidence, advise you of the merits of the claims that the council has brought, inform you of the options that are available to you for responding to council’s enforcement case (as well as the risks and benefits associated with each option), and, where appropriate, assist you in negotiating a settlement of the matter with council that will minimise your risks and costs.
In those cases where a council has commenced criminal penalty proceedings or other court actions that cannot be resolved through negotiation or compromise, Concordia Pacific can provide a full suite of services to prepare your case and to act as your advocate at hearing. We take an aggressive and forceful approach to litigation, and will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the evidence that supports your position is presented convincingly.